Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I do!!!

I do!!!

2 words that men dream and later dread.

Little did I know that the day would dawn, but when it finally did, I was in an intangible cauldron of emotions. As I walked down the aisle, a niggling voice from within asked me to turn back and run. Having weighed my options much in advance, I knew that the voice could mean nothing more than the last minute jitters.

Looking around, I could see people on either side smiling cynically. To them I must have looked like a goat well on its way to the slaughter house, but then there are times in life when all you can do is smile, and look like a fool, and I guess it was my turn to do just that.

Still struggling to cope with sanity, I staggered my “last few steps”. If there was one thing that I wanted to do that instant, it would’ve been to make a documentary on my own life and watch it, because everything had been and felt so beautiful till that very moment.

But, reality struck and it wasn’t long before my “last rites” were read out.

This was it, the time had arrived, I was on the threshold of doing something I never thought I could. I shut my eyes for the proverbial last breath.

Just as I thought it was all over, I felt a tender hand on my shoulder and a question that couldn’t have come at a worse time.

“Do you want to take me?”

Startled, I opened my eyes, and there she stood, clad in the prettiest of pink, and for a moment I wondered if I was crazy. Who would say “NO” to such a PYT.(pretty,young thing)

But ……..

I had heard her wrong.

She meant, “Do you want me to make tea”

And for the first time in my life, at 30,000 feet above the sea level I said those magical words..”I Do”!!

Orville and Wilbur Wright, thank you for the greatest invention ever!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get to say "I do" again and this time in real life!

Was asking you the other day if you had heard this song or not..
Just a few lines for you from the song-
"Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe
you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s. "
-Everybody's free to wear Sunscreen,Baz Luherrmann

9:30 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

hahahaha..... Wonderful post. wickedly funny! :-D
Keep them coming :-)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Viji said...

aana, enakku kadasi varikkum onnu mattum puriyave illa...
Adhu epdi un kaadhula "Do you want me to make tea" vandhu morph aagi "Do you want to take me?" nu vizhundhudhu ???? :-D
Arasiyal vaazhkaila....

12:27 AM  
Blogger Rajan Rambles said...

@Viji

ithellam pala thadava kanavila kettirukken. Maybe it was an extension of that

12:31 AM  
Blogger Aswin Rao said...

looks like someone's dreaming about the slaughter house a lot these days...our loooong discussions on marriage turn out this way eh?
and you have the audacity to think an air hostess would ask you "do you want to take me?"... must be flying Indian Airlines dude...
btw, good post...

3:34 AM  
Blogger Rajan Rambles said...

Humayun:

venna venaaaa!!!

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home