Sunday, March 05, 2006

The night before!!!

An amateur attempt at barding! Though I know the attempt is pretty shoddy, its just a weird idea that cropped up and I tried churning a poem out of it!!

There's a little explanation that I have given at the end of the poem....

The night before

Eclectic feelings engulf every part of me,
As I embark on this crucial moment of my destiny,
Will the road ahead be what dreams were made of?
Will it give the world a reason to scoff?

To this moment life safely meanders
I live my life, my own terms
But now, with the sun a new life will rise
A life of hope, devoid of pain and cries.

Bedlam reigns as the night wanes
Thoughts take me to elevated planes
AsTomorrow the whole world will change and wake up to see
I transition slowly from me to we

Reassurance affirms life changes a little
Angels dodder their way into hearts and minds,
Slowly I will discover the reason to be
And Eclectic feelings will engulf every part of me!!



Lines 1 and 3 of every stanza is(or shud i say is supposed to mean) basically what the bride feels and lines 2 and 4 is what the groom feels.While the bride is more concerned abt her family and the safetyof home, the groom thinks more about worldly pleasures and his friends, and worries that marriage will curb his freedom. But ultimately he feels that the meaning of life is completed only when he has kids and becomes a parent himself

The poem ends on the same note that it begins(with the bride) only meaning to say that it takes a while(quite a while!!) for a guy to begin thinking like a girl

I've tried using metaphors like "elevated plain" and "reassurance" afterall whats the point in writing a poem without showing off???;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Aswin Rao said...

Modesty is thy middle name.
You call that shoddy eh?
Well if that was shoddy and i tried my hand at being a baaa(r)d, well... 'shoddy' would jump out of the dictionary and commit suicide...
Now is modesty my middle name too???!!!???

8:36 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

Nice blog, Rajan. Keep writing!

12:40 AM  
Blogger P.R.A.D said...

onnumae puriyala!! so i guess must hae been really good ;)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home